Thursday, April 3, 2008

Solo Art Exhibitions

The universe is opening up. In the space of two weeks, I've been asked to give two solo exhibitions of my art (both in the month of May). Additionally, three people approached me in the space of one week to donate art to two schools (Santa Cruz Waldorf and the Mountain School in Soquel) and the Santa Cruz Orchestra.

Open one door, and other doors start to open. A year ago, I put my toe in the water, by applying for open studios for the first time in Santa Cruz, CA. I got accepted. This led to two media articles about my collage work (Metro Santa Cruz and the Register Pajaronian , both in the space of two weeks in October 2007) and numerous contacts and friendships with some amazing people who visited my open studio exhibit.

What have I learned from this experience? I've learned to listen to what my heart's desire is and to hold that in the foreground of my awareness. I've learned to take a deep breath and just go for it!

No comments: